- Oversee the entire baseball program.
- Develop, monitor, supervise, and train student-athletes to play baseball, both beginners and advances students.
- Commit to building relationships with and have a willingness to coach student-athletes academically and athletically.
- Instruct student-athletes in fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Cooperate in a timely manner with School Athletic Office and the District Athletic Department in regard to requests for pertinent information that might be periodically required.
- Meet all requirements set forth by the District Board of Education and the Ohio Department of Education in regard to required Coaches Tool Chest Training/Certificate and Pupil Activity Permit.
- Model the behavior expected of our student-athletes including: timeliness to practices, being positive and enthusiastic, being respectful, and practice constructive criticism while upholding the disciplines of the program.
- Set a positive example at all times while with student-athletes and be dressed appropriately at all times.
- Maintain suitable sideline conduct including the use of appropriate language at all times.
- Provide all applicable in-season training rules as well as any that may apply to out-of-season conduct to team members in writing prior to the start of the season. Follow appropriate due process procedures when violations occur.
- Ohio Secondary Teaching Certificate desired.
- Successful participation in a similar activity in high school and/or college. Evidence of successful past coaching experience at the high school or college level is desired.
- Provide a satisfactory result on a County Police Records Check, State BCII Check, and FBI Fingerprint Background Check.
- Possess an Ohio Department of Education Pupil Activity Permit.