- Develop and execute effective training programs.
- Motivate and mentor student-athletes both on and off the Wrestling Mat.
- Foster teamwork, sportsmanship, and skills development.
- Manage game strategies and game day logistics.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of student-athletes.
- Cooperate in a timely manner, with School Athletic Office and the District Athletic Department, in regard to pertinent information that might be periodically required.
- Meet all requirements set forth by the District Board of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA), and The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) in regard to the mandated Coaches Tool Chest Trainings/Certification and Pupil Activity Permit.
- Check academic eligibility for all prospective student-athletes.
- Model the behavior expected of our student-athletes including timeliness to practices, being positive and enthusiastic, being respectful, and practicing constructive criticism while upholding the disciplines of the program.
- Fundraising experience.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model.
- Demonstrate knowledge of skills associated with this sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively.