The Head Coach is responsible for planning, directing, and leading a transformative athletic program that seeks to lead student-athletes into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, build future-ready leaders, and compete at a championship level.
- Must pass a Livescan background check.
- Must be CPR certified (or must complete within 2 weeks of hiring).
- Must be a Christian and pass a Spiritual Interview.
- Playing experience required.
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Accept and implement the co-curricular philosophy of the Rock Academy.
- Follows the rules and regulations of the school/organization, the conference, and CIF-SDS.
- Attend all sport-specific meetings held by the league, conference, and CIF-SDS.
- Attend all school coaches meetings.
- Attend clinics, seminars, and in-service programs in order to improve coaching skills and to stay current with new trends in coaching, training, conditioning, and safety procedures.
- Give input about, assist in the creation of, and then carry out the game/facility/transportation schedule as drawn up by the Athletic Director.
- Organize, schedule, and supervise practice sessions.
- Establish and use a system of communication to athletes, families, and assistants that will include an explanation of program policies, awards, procedures, goals, and schedules.
- Supervise the distribution/use of equipment/uniforms in your sport.
- Assist the Athletic Director with the development of an annual inventory and make recommendations for purchases.