The Athletic Coach provides instruction and coaching to students developing skills and the ability to excel in athletics. The Athletic Coach contributes to the educational program as a whole and to the growth of students involved in sports so that they are successfully competitive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect and good sportsmanship.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Ensure that coaches work together toward a common goal within the athletic program and provide unity with a structured feeder system.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation.
- Work with the Athletic Director to schedule competitions and coordinate arrangements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years’ successful experience coaching an athletic sport is preferred.
- Experience working with students in a diverse, multicultural academic setting is required.
- Lifelong learner with a collaborative spirit is required.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures is required.
- Knowledge of middle school athletic rules/regulations is required.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and supervise student athletes is required.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills is required.