The City of Jefferson is currently accepting applications for Hockey Instructors for our Parks and Recreation Department. This position instructs participates in the Learn-to-Play lessons at Washington Park Ice Arena.
Examples of Duties:
- Instruct specific age groups in the “Learn to Play” hockey program.
- The ability to think creatively, time management and manage numerous children simultaneously.
- Providing an outstanding learning experience for youth hockey players.
- Set up and tear down of border pads/walls. Moving hockey nets on and off the ice.
- Physical: Ability to ice skate proficiently; Ability to lift, push and carry facility and program equipment up to 50 lbs.; physically move about facility and grounds to supervise and assist participants;
- Mental: Knowledge of hockey rules and procedures; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Hockey Instructors must be USA Hockey certified, have a thorough understanding of Parks and Recreation ice hockey rules and officiating techniques, ice skating skills, dependable, conscientious, consistent, capable of controlling and managing youth and/or adult sport.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and have first aid and CPR certification.