The Hockey Coordinator provides administrative and operational support to the Oakland Hockey Manager in furtherance of the organization’s goals of providing exemplary training and development opportunities for youth and adults, while meeting the financial objectives of Sharks Ice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for on-ice instruction during In-House Hockey practices, including responsibility for applying appropriate USA Hockey curriculum to each age group Responsible for planning, organization and execution of hockey tournaments as directed by the Oakland Hockey Manager
- Assists with preparation of adult hockey program budgets and manages operations to meet profitability objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, and motivates scorekeepers and any other support personnel necessary for the successful operation of the Oakland adult hockey leagues, working within established budgets and Sharks Ice guidelines.
- Works hand in hand with the referees’ association to ensure attendance and competency of officials for OIC hockey events.
- Possesses a record of high achievement as a hockey player or a hockey coach.
- Outstanding interactive skills that will support the organization’s efforts to develop an acclaimed, productive community hockey facility and instructional/developmental program.
- Three years of previous experience as a supervisor or program manager.
- Ideal candidate will have prior experience with adult hockey or related sports leagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad spectrum of key contacts including employees, customers, and vendors.