- Assist Hockey Manager to develop and execute fun, exciting practice plans for all ages using USA Hockey ADM principles.
- Facilitate on-ice instruction of youth league practices/games and internal programs such as PREDecessor, G.O.A.L!, Try Hockey for Free, and weekly skill development classes for all ages.
- Aid in the setup of various on-ice props and water bottles as assigned.
- Assist facility staff with equipment fitting sessions.
- Work with hockey families with putting on equipment, tying skates and provide excellent customer service.
- Support Hockey Coordinator in the recruitment and training of coaches and volunteers.
- Assist in the evaluation of players for proper placement in various programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of facility programs when communicating to parents.
- Serve as an ambassador to facility’s youth/adult programs to support the transition of participants from program to program.
- Proficient ice skating required.
- Valid USA Hockey Coaching Education Program certification, Level 1 minimum.
- Two (2) years of ice hockey coaching experience at the Mite (8U) – Peewee (12U) level.
- Hockey knowledge and playing background of 5 (five) years or more at a high school, college, junior, minor or professional hockey level.
- Experience running on-ice practices following USA Hockey American Development Model.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration.
- Knowledge of the hockey community in the Middle Tennessee area.
- Positive, energetic, friendly individual who can communicate effectively with employees and customers.
SS&E is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification.