Accepting applications for a Middle School Wrestling Coach. Position is open until filled.
The Head Coach’s goal is to help each student participating to achieve a high level of skill, to learn the appreciation of the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and to gain an increased level of self-esteem.
- CHSSA Certified.
- Preparation in coaching
- Demonstrated abilities in area assigned
- Such alternatives to the above as the supervising administrator may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Sets and lives by an acceptable code of moral, ethical, and leadership standards.
The Head Coach’s responsibilities include:
- Coaching individual participants in skills necessary for optimum achievement in the sport involved.
- Planning and scheduling a regular program of practice consistent with state and local calendars.
- Working closely with the athletic director in scheduling contests and/or trips and attends periodic coaching meetings.
- Recommending the purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate.
- Maintaining necessary forms, insurance records and similar paper work.
- Overseeing the safety conditions of the facility or area in which the assigned sport is conducted, particularly when students are present.
- Overseeing performance criteria for eligibility to compete inter-scholastically.
- Enforcing discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishing and overseeing penalties for breach of such school standards as set by the total activities department by individual students. All athletic programs will have these as their code.
- Adhering to the chain of command, which is the head coach, athletic director and the building principal of the particular coach.
- Choosing assistants and middle school coaches.
- Offering awards (a certificate, letter or other award as appropriate) to athletes based upon standards agreed to by the coach and the athletic director as formulated prior to the start of the season.
- Responsibility for teaching the specific skills listed for the grade level of the coaching assignment as developed by the district coaching staff, the athletic director and building principals.
- Being in charge of the Middle School program in his/her sport in addition to supervision of all coaches in the program and is also encouraged in communicating with other local agencies concerning the sport. (i.e. recreation department).
- Emphasizing that the paramount concern should be the contribution of the sport to the total school program.
- Providing a program which teaches and develops skills, leadership, positive attitudes, and sportsmanship.
- Providing the athletic director with information pertaining to his/her athletic program (scores, schedules, sites, discipline procedures, etc.)
- Keeping public informed of current events in his/her sport (newspaper, radio, CHSAA, and Booster Club)
- Assisting the athletic director in preparing the athletic budget by providing recommendations on expenses and needs.
- Maintaining an up-to-date inventory of all uniforms and equipment.
- Assuming the responsibility for supervision of the locker room area, as well as indoor and outdoor activity areas, until all team members have vacated the school grounds.
- Inspecting facilities before and after usage by athletic team.
- Submitting complete accident reports on all injuries, whether in practice or game, to the athletic director as soon after the accident as possible.
- Assisting athletes with securing athletic scholarships.
- Assisting in the arranging of a balanced system for honoring athletes.
- Being involved in recruiting.
- Refraining from compromising situations with students.
- Being knowledgeable of the Coaching Handbook.
REPORTS TO: The Athletic Director and/or Building Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Compensation and duration of duties to be established by the board.
Performance in the position will be evaluated annually by the Athletic Director.