The Hampshire Regional High School Athletic Coach is responsible for developing and attaining a high level of skill and self-discipline, and to instill values of teamwork, fair play, mutual respect, and attributes of good sportsmanship with all student athletes. The HRHS Athletic coach should foster enjoyment and an awareness of the lifetime benefit of healthy physical activity, recreation, and athletic endeavor.
- Design practices to help to reduce the incidence of injury.
- Plan and schedule a program of training and practice before and during the regular season.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior among athletes at all times. • Establish and oversee penalties for breach of behavior or sportsmanship standards.
- Work closely with the Athletic Director in scheduling interscholastic contests. • Maintain necessary student records including attendance forms and insurance records.
- Communicate with parents and physicians regarding the status of injured athletes.
- Enforce performance and participation criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the athletic venue at all times when students are present.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Successful experience in coaching or supervising of students/athletes.
- Knowledge and skill in teaching fundamentals of the sport or activity.
- Certification in Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid, and
Automatic External Defibrillators (AED), EPI Pen, Concussion Training, and other mandated trainings as required.