- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses student’s skills and assigns team infield positions
- Develops a regular infielder's practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development
- Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary
- Coaches and instructs students, individual or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport
- Observes infielders, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement
- Determines infield game strategy bases on the team’s capabilities
- Establishes and maintains standards for behavior and always provides proper supervision of students
- Monitors the academic performances of the infielders to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student-athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an injury
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents and students.
- Understanding of the mission of Incarnate Word High School.
- Successful completion of VIRTUS and background check.