The position involves regular contact with patients and members of their families, referring physicians, nurses, social workers, and all allied health and support personnel within TMC. The staff member will act as a liaison with other disciplines for problem-solving issues that arise related to clinical therapy services.
- Therapists rotate caseloads every 6 months.
- Expectation for all therapists to eventually become ICU competent.
- Has ability to manage and be flexible prioritizing patient caseload.
- Has the medical literacy to perform complex chart reviews and determine appropriateness for therapy intervention.
- Problem solves effectively with interdisciplinary team, patients, and their families for optimal discharge planning of diverse patient populations.
- Is willing and capable of continuous learning to provide care across the hospital.
- Demonstrates flexibility in cross-coverage of various diagnoses based on staffing and patient census.
- Provides comprehensive evaluation and assessment of patient’s physical status and functional mobility.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Masters or Doctorate preferred.
- Current Massachusetts Physical Therapy License required.
- 1-2 years of clinical experience is preferred, but not required.