Provide instructional assistance to students under the direct supervision of a certified teacher. Assist in preparing, conducting, and managing of classroom activities.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Texas instructional aide certificate.
- Ability to work well with children and adults.
3 years experience working with children.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work under the direction of the certified physical education teacher in the implementation of lesson plans and instructional program developed by the PE teacher.
- Have the physical ability to actively teach Physical Education throughout the instructional day. (Including continuous standing, stooping, bending, and lifting, etc.)
- Assist in the setting up and taking down of PE equipment needed for classes on a daily basis.
- Assist in supervising students throughout the school day, both inside and outside the classroom, as directed by the PE teacher and principal.
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Be responsible for the discipline in their class by following the district/campus guidelines under direction of PE teacher.
- Assist in inventory, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist the teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.