The mission of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of California, Irvine is to facilitate and enrich the education and personal growth of its students through their participation in competitive NCAA Division I athletics. Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to the welfare of student-athletes and staff, and advocates an environment that promotes excellence in athletic and academic performance, sportsmanship, diversity, and gender equity.
- 3-5 years experience with finance background.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Advanced knowledge of financial transactions and financial systems, as well as related policy, accounting and regulatory compliance requirements. Proficiency in the advanced usage and functions of spreadsheet and database software.
- Strong interpersonal skills, service orientation, ability to multi-task effectively in a varied, high volume environment, judgment and decision-making, reasoning, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, and effective verbal and written communication skills. Experience providing detailed analysis and making recommendations to resolve problems and improve processes.
- Ability to manage changing priorities, and manage staff time and efforts accordingly.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated ability to follow all applicable NCAA, Big West Conference, MPSF, and UCI rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge with UCI financial systems that support travel and purchasing processes.
- Working knowledge of university procurement and accounting policies and procedures as they relate to high-value, low-value, and purchasing activities.