Webster University Athletics, a member of NCAA Division III and the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC), invites applications for the position of Interim Assistant Softball Coach. The Interim Assistant Coach provides instructional, administrative and recruiting support services under the direction of the Director of Athletics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Interim Co-Head Coaches in the implementation of sport training through teaching and instructing the student-athletes in the rules and fundamentals of softball.
- Under the direction of the Interim Co-Head Coaches/Director of Athletics, assists in providing sport skill instruction, assists in the conduct of practice sessions, performs game related duties, and motivates players to give their best efforts.
- Contributes to recruiting efforts through on-campus visits and off-campus evaluation.
- Supports team fundraising initiatives.
- Mentors student athletes.
- Demonstrates sincere interest in the personal, academic and athletic success of the student-athlete.
- Represents the University in a positive manner at all times.
- Previous playing experience.
- Previous experience recruiting student-athletes.
- Demonstrated softball coaching knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, teaching and communication skills.
- General knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.