- Broad background in variety of sports and athletic activities.
- Excellent organizational, bookkeeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Experience and commitment to working as a team with other staff members and coaches.
- Assist in the hiring, selection, and supervision of coaches.
- Supervise player eligibility in accordance with high school procedures.
- Coordinate and file proof of medical insurance, physicals, and parental permission forms for all participating students.
- Prepare, present, and justify the annual athletic budget as presented to the principal.
- Work with the high school bookkeeper on the fiscal management of the athletic program.
- Order all athletic equipment and supplies; check and authorize payment of invoices.
- Schedule all league and non league games, matches, and meets for each sport; also schedule officials needed for these events.
- Arrange transportation with the transportation supervisor for all away games.
- Schedule gymnasium usage for winter team practice sessions; schedule community usage of outside facilities with the Business Manager.
- Maintain a current inventory of all equipment and supplies; coordinate the care and storage of all athletic equipment.