Bunker Hill Community College, a vibrant and diverse higher education learning environment in Boston, Massachusetts, is seeking a dynamic leader to assume the role of Interim Director of Athletics and Wellness.
- Recruit, appoint, orient, supervise and evaluate contract coaching staff and athletic support staff.
- Create and implement an annual coaching workshop reviewing College policies, resources, and compliance requirements.
- Directly supervise fulltime Assistant Director of Athletics and Administrative Assistant.
- Hire and supervise all Athletic support professionals such as referees, line judges, score keepers, statisticians, and announcers.
- Provide leadership, organization, training for staff in order to attain optimal operational, academic, fiscal and athletic performance.
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, Sports and Athletic Administration or related field.
- At least five years of professional Higher Education or High School Athletic Administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of athletic sporting programs with respect to planning, equipment, compliance issues, and facility needs.
- Commitment to the philosophy of Division III Athletics at a large urban Community College.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written, and interpersonal communications required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.