Marymount seeks to hire an experienced and enthusiastic leader to serve as the Girls Interim Varsity Head Softball Coach. The ideal candidate must be able to improve the performance of student athletes through, motivation, technical instruction, game strategies and techniques in order to prepare them for competition. In addition to helping the athletes develop an appreciation for the sport.
- Provides leadership, supervision and organization for the Varsity Softball Program and is responsible for carrying out the objectives of the entire athletic program within the guidelines of the Marymount Athletic Department Philosophy.
- Develops an organized practice schedule to provide individual and team instruction.
- Educate the players regarding game rules, regulations and equipment care.
- Accompany the team to all scheduled games.
- Assess and determine the need for individual and team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior and provide appropriate supervision of athletes at all times.
- Help and encourages athletes to maintain high academic standards.
- The ideal candidate should possess at a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of coaching experience at the secondary or collegiate level.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Athletic administrators, parents and students.
- Covid-19 Vaccination required.