The Head Men’s Volleyball Coach is primarily responsible for the successful development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Volleyball program. The Head Men’s Volleyball Coach position recruits and develops students, creating an environment in which the team can use its skills and abilities to their maximum potential, and develops a positive image for the college and the team. This individual is also responsible for the academic and life skills development of student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- The ability to establish a good rapport and effective working relationships with student-athletes, parents, administrators, faculty, staff and the community.
- Proven recruiting skills; success recruiting high level student-athletes.
- Assuming coaching responsibilities at each contest.
- Recruitment of quality student athletes.
- Organization of all practices, conditioning programs and try-outs.
- Pre-participatory physicals for each participant.
- Selection and supervision of team members and support personnel (team managers and statisticians).
- Game schedules (including recognition nights.
- Evaluation of athletes’ academic progress and eligibility.
- Monitoring of student injuries and rehabilitation.
- Maintenance and security of team equipment, supplies, and uniforms.