Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee training of student-athletes in all events in conjunction with high school coaches.
- Develop training plans for assigned sport athletes in conjunction with high school coaches.
- Assist in overseeing home events as directed by the Athletic Supervisor.
- Attend and coach all practices.
- Attend and coach all games/ meets.
- Monitor team members' practice attendance, school attendance, meet attendance, and grades.
- Enforcing team/ school policies set by Athletic Supervisor and Principal
- Responsible for providing student-athletes feedback about their performance related to their disposition, behavior, and team skills.
- Coordinate practice schedules with the Athletic Supervisor.
- Demonstrated knowledge of desired sport(s), skill development, and strategies.
- If no teaching license, successful completion of an approved coach's education course (ASEP or NFHS) or the ability to complete the course prior to the second season of coaching.
- Current certification (or must obtain within one month of employment) and maintenance of CPR/AED and First Aid certification from a national certifying organization.
- Ability to initiate and maintain open communication with staff, student-athletes, parents.
- Previous coaching experience
- Ability to work cooperatively with high school coaches.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, and supervise the team with respect to schedules, equipment, student eligibility, officials, and safety.
The School District of Beloit provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws.