Under the direction of the Director of Intramural Sports and with the aid of other coaches, the External (Off Campus) Intramurals Coach is responsible for teaching skill and fitness techniques for their particular sport, maintaining a safe, learning environment for the participants, other coaches, and equipment; and modeling teamwork, hard work, and sound ethics to develop a comprehensive Intramural Sports Program at the Middle Schools.
- Teach and develop sport-related skills.
- Maintain a safe environment for optimal learning.
- Report to the middle schools by, or as close to, 3:30pm as possible for all days of activity.
- Develop students’ skills and ready them for game play at the end of each intramurals season.
- Collaborate with other intramural coaches, both on-campus and off-campus.
- Model and display ethical and moral decision making.
- Work with on-campus coaches to maintain equipment and report any damages or losses to the campus Director of Intramural Sports.
- Be available for possible coaching or refereeing the final, campus vs. campus game.
- Other duties as required/requested by Director.