To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Certificate, license, or legal credential required.
- Degree(s) required and area of major study.
- Kind and amount of prior job experience required.
- Such other qualifications as the Board may deem acceptable and appropriate.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sports involved.
- Plans and schedule regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with the Athletic Director in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that student are present.
- Assumes responsibility for enforcement and compliance with all MHSAA regulations.
- Provides guidance to high school athletics regarding NCAA recruiting and academic regulations.