Provide instruction and coach students to develop skills and the ability to excel in the assigned sport. Contribute to the education program as a whole and to the growth of students involved in athletics so that they are successfully competitive.
- Experience coaching football at the high school level (head coaching experience preferred).
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, opponents, staff, parents, and students.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in football.
- Coordinate the development and promotion of the Football Program.
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the football program.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Ensure all football coaches work together toward a common goal within the football program and provide unity within the youth community programs.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.