The girl's volleyball coach is responsible for coaching high school student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for interscholastic volleyball competitions. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player's skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both Works with the Athletic Director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually and in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team's capabilities
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Experience as a volleyball coach or assistant coach at the high school or college level preferred.