- Demonstrated ability, dedication and experience as an outstanding coach and teacher preferred ( if a teacher position available).
- Teaching experience preferred, not required.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role model.
- Proven success in leadership and working in groups.
- In-building staff members may receive preference in the screening and hiring process.
- Demonstrated capacity for collaboration, cooperation and coordination with colleagues and parents.
- For Head Coaches: Coaching and/or college playing experience in specified sport desired for High School positions.
- Valid First Aid and CPR card.
- Provide leadership, supervision and organization of the particular sporting program.
- Organize and implement a program that provides for the development of student knowledge, skills, and attitudes at all levels of the sport represented in grades 7-12.
- Promote the philosophies, values and beliefs of the track program.
- Develop high-level performance benchmarks for all players and coaches.
- Emphasize detailed teaching of fundamental wrestling skills.
- Develop daily practice plans and organize the assistant coaching staff in a manner that delegates meaningful program responsibilities.
- Value and develop leadership skills in all participants.
- Administer and support the athletic department, school, league, district, state and WIAA policies and responsibilities.
The Wahluke School District #73 complies with all federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate on a basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorable discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in our programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated your groups.