To support the head coach in instructing athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist head coach with designing conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of the overall program.
- Assist head coach in training and informing staff, encouraging professional growth by supporting clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Assist the head coach with maintaining discipline, adjusting grievances and working to increase morale and cooperation.
- Serves as a mentor to each athlete to promote the development and demonstration in student athletes of the character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Gives constant attention to a student athlete's grades and conduct.
- By his/her presence at all practices games and while traveling, provides assistance, guidance and safeguards for each participant.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Supports varsity coach in initiating programs and policies concerning injuries, medical attention and emergencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in education or a related field.
- Valid Indiana teaching license, preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience as a coach, preferred.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.