This position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and team work. The person selected for this position will be expected to follow directives from the Athletic Director. Also assist with establishing performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition sport, and encourage all participants to maintain high standards as students, citizens and athletes. Additional duties as assigned.
- All Coaches must be at least 21 years of age.
- Background / Criminal History Clearance and Fingerprint Check.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching and Oregon State Component Certification.
- Concussion and steroid training certification.
- Possess knowledge for teaching appropriate skills and techniques for the sport involved.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with student athletes, district employees, parents and the general public.
- Ability to help student athletes achieve a high level of athletic skill, an appreciation for the value of discipline, and an increased level of self-esteem.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow and maintain knowledge of District policies and procedures relevant to this position.
- Work with the Athletic Director to establish and implement your philosophy and program system.
- Set a positive example in behavior and sportsmanship for all athletes.
- Ensure proper cleaning, storage and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms.
- Responsible for equipment assigned for that level and make sure team members return all equipment issued and to inventory all equipment at the end of the season.
- Notify athletic director of any needed repairs to equipment, grounds, or building.
- As needed, assist Athletic Director with weekly eligibility of student athletes (grades, discipline, paperwork, etc.)
- Assist Athletic Director with setting up activities, practices and games/meets as directed.
- Adhere to all financial policies of the District in regard to fundraisers, the collection and disbursement of money, expenses and receipts.
- Supervise students in locker rooms at home and away games and enforce appropriate behavior.
- Travel and supervise student athletes on the team bus both to and from games.