Responsible for coaching student athletes in meet strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition, life, and future athletic competition. Position teaches student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport. The junior high coach works with the junior high girls and boys golf teams.
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Follow schedule set by activities director for practice and competition facilities.
- Plan effective and organized practices that maximize coaches and players abilities, and properly prepare team for competitions.
- Assess athletes’ readiness for practice and competition. Practice plans should include progression of skill development and conditioning improvement.
- Be physically present to provide supervision. Supervision must be included on the field of play, locker room, training room, and anywhere the sport requires them to be. Athletes must be denied access when coach cannot be physically present to supervise.
- Athletic practice must be characterized by instruction that accounts for a logical sequence of fundamentals that consider the developmental level of the athlete and that lead to an enhanced progression of player knowledge, skill, and capability. Instruction must move from simple to complex and known to unknown.
- Conferences with guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
- Follow state, section, and school regulations governing the athletic program.
- Follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or Athletic Director or the appropriate administration.
- Thorough knowledge of District’s Activities Handbook, and the coaching of the sport.
- Playing or coaching experiences is preferred, but not required.