Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that classroom and curriculum meet Marion pedagogy and Arkansas Academic State Standards for every subject area assigned.
- Adheres to the Code of Ethics as set forth by theArkansas Department of Education.
- Evaluates and maintains complete and accurate files regarding the students academic progress and physical, social and emotional growth, and communicates with parents or guardians on the individual students progress.
- Plans and evaluates daily lessons that are developmentally appropriate.
- Identifies the needs of a group of students, as well as individual students, and provides for continuous assessment of their ability and differentiated instruction to meet individual needs.
- Provides instruction, organization and management in the classroom, which creates a respectful environment conducive to learning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to foster a nurturing classroom environment that respects all students andencourages them to do their best.
- Required to respect the confidentiality of information about enrolled children and families, personnel issues, contributors, and other school operations.
- Required to be a respectful, cooperative, and reliable team member and participant in school activities.
- Ability to multi-task and act independently; exercise sound judgment.
- Must be committed to building a diverse community.
- Confidentiality: Required to respect the confidentiality of information about enrolled children and families, personnel issues, contributors, and other school operations, as per FERPA regulations and policies.