This position teaches and coaches students to the highest level that can be attained, while promoting academic achievement and policies of the district.
- Implement board and administration policies.
- Determines appropriate actions within clearly defined guidelines.
- Presents a positive image of the school to parents, and conveys the district’s genuine concern with the education, growth, and development of each student.
- Works to develop a positive public relationship between the school district and community.
- Seeks to establish friendly and cooperative partnerships between home and school.
- Reacts positively to directives.
- Develops drills and practice activities that teach and enhance individual/team skill development.
- Observes, diagnoses and prescribes appropriate remediation activities during practice and game conditions for players and team.
- Knows and applies the developmental stages of each point of the sport to the needs and ability levels of the players and team.
- Clearance on all background checks required by law that is satisfactory to the administration.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with students, peers and adults.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, board policy, administrative procedures/forms, and government regulations and guidelines.
- Must be able to complete forms, write reports, and engage in written correspondence with parents.
- Must have the ability to write clearly and complete lesson plans.