- Must have documented evidence of organizational skills, knowledge, experience, preparation and aptitudes in the above sport commensurate with the level of the position.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work with and motivate young people and adults.
- Must be available during the time requirements of the position.
- Must have certification in CPR and first aid.
- Must adhere to the MHSAA policies for coaches.
- Directly responsible for all matters relative to program including but not limited to, player personnel, practice sessions, care and maintenance of equipment and supervision of players during practice, games, travel and other team functions.
- Be knowledgeable of and consistently enforce school, District, League and state association (MHSAA) rules and policies.
- Effectively communicate with players, officials, fellow coaches, parents, administrators and community members.
- Ensure that the safety and welfare of the athletes is a top priority in the organization and implementation of practice and game situations.
- Be responsive to instructions and directions of the Athletic Director and other appropriate school administrators.
- Support and promote activities designed to further the District's goal of a coordinated, sequential athletic program.
The Hazel Park School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, height, weight, religion, or marital status in its programs and activities.