A position which requires a person to utilize knowledge of the game, the ability of participants, and such strategy and techniques as needed to develop a competitive team. The JV High School Basketball Coach is tasked with developing high school students in game IQ, individual skills, team play as well as create excitement for playing the sport. The ideal coach will be a great communicator, provide positive feedback, and encourage growth. The JV Coach will work with the Varsity Head Coach to build a successful girls basketball program. Goal of the JV Coach is to prepare JV participants for varsity.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Evaluates student athlete’s ability and knowledge, and develops these through verbal instruction and guided demonstration.
- Evaluates equipment and facilities and requests such alternatives as are necessary for the physical well being of the players.
- Develops lessons that provide the opportunity for players to learn and practice appropriate techniques.
- Works cooperatively with assistant(s), supervisor and others.
- Communicates verbally with parents and guardians as needed.
- Prior or current experience working with adolescents and young adults in a school or recreational setting.
- High School/Trade School degree preferred.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.