The Junior Varsity Girls' Tennis Coach works with student-athletes to teach the fundamentals of the sport and the concept of competing as a member of a team, while fostering physical fitness and the continuous development of skills. The coach models exemplary behavior in relations with teammates, opponents, spectators and officials, to foster social, emotional, and physical growth & development and support what is best for the overall character development of the student-athlete.
- MIAA Coaching certificate if first serving as an interscholastic coach after July 1, 2005;
- Bachelors degree in related field and previous relevant coaching experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Knowledge of MIAA rules governing athletic activities;
- Ability to motivate student athletes, communicate clearly and effectively, and relate to and work with students of differing athletic abilities;
- Commitment to remain current in knowledge of the sport, and its coaching strategies.
- Supervise and conduct practice and coaching sessions. Teach sports techniques, playing rules, strategies and playing tactics. Impart love of the sport to players and develop healthy self-image and confidence;
- Condition athletes appropriately for activities requiring endurance, strength and agility;
- Teach sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic and responsibility to one's team;
- Supervise and provide coaching during matches, meets, contests;
- Observe basic safety guidelines. Respond to player injuries with approved first aid;
- Manage uniforms, equipment, and school facilities in a responsible manner.