Reports directly to the Varsity Head Tennis Coach and the Regina Athletic Director. Coach has the responsibility for all athletes in the Regina Tennis Program, especially the junior varsity team. The coach will be required to follow the procedures of the high school’s athletic program, as well as those of the Catholic High School League and the Michigan High School Athletic Association.
- Assists the varsity staff with the full responsibility for the overall supervision and development of the tennis program, including the sub-varsity team.
- In charge of assignments and duties of any assistant coaches.
- Assists in planning and implementing team activities, tryouts, practices, game plans and summer camps.
- Teaches student-athletes safe and fundamental techniques of the sport throughout the season.
- Maintain sufficient communication with athletes, parents, asst. coaches, and Regina Administration.
- Works in collaboration and cooperation with the Athletic Director recommending the purchase of uniforms, equipment, scheduling and supplies.
- Oversees or helps oversee maintenance, safety and cleanliness of uniforms, equipment, supplies and the facility or area.
- Promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect and good sportsmanship throughout the program.
- Coaching experience preferred but not required.
- Must have basic understanding of technical aspect of tennis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must complete Protecting God’s Children through the Archdiocese of Detroit, if not having completed already.
- Must submit to new background check.
- Must have valid CPR certificate or obtain one.