Marymount seeks to hire an experienced and enthusiastic leader to serve as the Junior Varsity Soccer Coach. The ideal candidate must be able to improve the performance of student athletes through motivation, technical instruction, game strategies and techniques in order to prepare them for competition. In addition to helping the athletes develop an appreciation for the sport.
- Works with the Head Varsity coach to prepare pre-season and season schedules.
- Provides leadership, supervision and organization for the JV Soccer Program and is responsible for carrying out the objectives of the entire athletic program within the guidelines of the Marymount Athletic Department Philosophy.
- Contributes to development and organization of practices to provide individual and team instruction.
- Educate the players regarding game rules, regulations and equipment care.
- Accompany the team to all scheduled games.
- Assess and determine the need for individual and team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior and provide appropriate supervision of athletes at all times.
- Help and encourages athletes to maintain high academic standards.
- Inform the Athletic Trainer in the event of an athletic injury.
- A minimum of 2 years of coaching experience at the secondary or collegiate level.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Athletic administrators, parents and students.