To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student-athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formation of moral values, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Supports the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques established by the head coach. Attends conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
- Execute specific ancillary duties assigned by the head coach.
- Maintain liaison with other community organizations related to the sport.
- Maintain discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Possess a well-stocked first aid kit and adequate water and ice for all practices and contests.
- Assist in the recruitment, screening, interviewing, training and assignment of coaching staff at the building level.
- Maintain / improve knowledge base and coaching skills by joining professional coaching organizations, taking advantage of clinic opportunities and/or utilizing local collegiate coaching staffs, (according to the professional development / clinic policy).
- Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies and coordinates their implementation within the team.
- Has knowledge of existing system, state and league regulations, implements same consistently and interpret them for staff.
- Understands the proper administrative chain of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Is aware of public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.