The role of a coach at Catlin Gabel School promotes an appreciation of physical fitness, teamwork, and sportsmanship. Coaches provide leadership and supervision for team, and work closely with the other staff and administration within the athletic department and designated school division.
- Coordinate and supervise team of student athletes and assistant coach(es) (if applicable).
- Promote an appreciation of physical fitness, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- Design and implement an effective program for schedules for practices, games and athletic events.
- Support the effective maintenance of athletic facilities and equipment.
- Assist in managing uniform inventory for middle and upper school teams.
- Minimum of three years’ teaching, coaching, athletic experience.
- BA or BS in physical education, health, education, or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- NFHS/OSAA Coaches Certifications (prior to hire).
- Current First Aid/CPR Card (prior to hire).
- Reliable form of transportation to attend athletics events within Portland metro area.