To provide students with a first class learning experience, contributing to their development as responsible citizens and leaders in their communities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Some experience as a coach or assistant coach at the middle or high school level.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the MHSAA rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player's skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the Athletics Director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.