MHS is currently seeking a Wrestling Junior Varsity Assistant Coach for a one-year ancillary position at the High School. The coach is responsible for leading the program year-round to develop students athletically and competitively, as well as instilling character so they excel in their sport and in life. The season runs from November through March. Practice times vary Monday through Saturday throughout the season, with off season expectations as well.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of successful coaching experience with demonstrated success in establishing a highly competitive program, while also instilling high quality character.
- Must have current knowledge of techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of the sport.
- Ability to teach beginning and advanced sport-specific skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead & inspire diverse youth. Experience working with lower income students preferred.
- Ability to interact with student athletes at different skill levels in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) required.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Candidates should demonstrate high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for students.
- Candidate should be eager to build the program & invest in student talent development year-round.