To instruct all students in the fundamental skills and knowledge of the sport or activity. To provide an atmosphere for successful individual development through monitoring, evaluating, and reinforcing objectives. To follow the policies and procedures of BESD #61.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Be knowledgeable of IESA rules and regulations.
- Supervise all practices.
- Supervise cheerleaders at all events.
- Organize and conduct tryouts.
- Make arrangements for approved travel and supervise students on trips.
- Have a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations regarding the program.
- Perform other duties or tasks related to the program as requested.
- Help keep an accurate and up-to-date inventory.
- Assume responsibility for constant care of equipment and facilities used in the program.
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements of the various governmental agencies.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies.