The Athletic Department at The University of Tampa has a position available as a Part-time Coach, JV Baseball. This position will oversee 40 plus student athletes progress in the class room and on the baseball field and reports to the Head Baseball Coach.
- Design a practice plan each day.
- Coordinate with other coaches and student/ athletes our expectations on the field and in the classroom.
- Record student athletes weekly hours to stay within NCAA rules.
- Supervise away competitions.
- Coordinate study halls and tutors to keep students on pace to graduate.
- Assist with fundraising.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Baseball playing and coaching experience preferred – 2 years of playing, coaching and developing practice plans.
- Understand and pass our NCAA recruiting test.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.