Position is responsible for providing leadership, supervision and coaching the baseball program at the level of a public high school. The position is responsible for approximately 25 players, with teams at the junior varsity level.
- Provide instruction in all phases of the game of baseball.
- Provide leadership for the baseball players and assistant coach.
- Communicate effectively with the team, staff, parents, administration, community and the media.
- Work with the Athletic Director to maintain the baseball fields and facilities.
- Handle financial items for the baseball program, including the inventory and purchase of equipment and the collection of fees.
- Participate in athletic department fund-raisers.
- Complete all necessary forms, including VHSL required master eligibility forms.
- Organize and maintain proper records, including VHSL physical forms, insurance information and team statistics and information.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of baseball.
- Knowledge and understanding of athletic rules, procedures and policies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.