The Head JV Baseball Coach reports directly to the Athletic Director and has the primary responsibility for administering all levels of the JV Baseball program. The successful candidate will be required to follow the procedures of the high school’s athletic program, as well as those of the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA).
- Has full responsibility for the overall supervision and development of the JV Baseball program.
- In charge of assignments and duties and oversight of any assistant coaches in the JV Baseball program.
- In coordination with the Athletic Director, plans and implements team activities, tryouts, practices, game plans and summer activities.
- Teaches student-athletes to perform sound, safe fundamental techniques of the designated sport throughout the season.
- Follows league policies and site procedures, and all regulations set forth in Divine Child Coaches’ handbook.
- Fosters training in conduct, ethics and sportsmanship for all participants and coaches.
- Works with a spirit of teamwork to schedule practices with other teams' needs.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the team before, during, and after events and traveling to and from events. Coach may be required to ride the bus with the team.
- Must complete all required MSP Fingerprinting, background checks and must complete the Protecting God’s Children archdiocese workshop.
- Previous coaching experience at the high school varsity level highly preferred.
- A proven, verifiable record of positive staff, student and administrative support and relationships.
- A proven, verifiable record of placing appropriate emphasis on good sportsmanship, academic excellence, positive attitudes and character.
- A demonstrated ability to teach, enforce, advocate and model appropriate behavior, character traits and educational values to students-athletes.
- A demonstrated ability to teach, organize and supervise assistants.