- Demonstrated knowledge and successful experience in the sport to be coached.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high expectations for teamwork, exemplary behavior, and responsibility.
- Ability to mentor and lead young people by example.
- Experience and/or demonstrated success in supervising young adults and managing programs.
- Commitment to the district’s mission and Strategic Plan.
- Secure from each student prior to start of season: proof of insurance, proof of physical, and parental/guardian permission forms. All forms must be filed in the coach’s notebook, and physical forms copied/forwarded to the school nurse.
- Complete the checklist of all pre-season, season, and post-season activities completed.
- Submit a team roster to Athletic Director prior to season: including student names, grades, heights, weights, positions, uniform numbers, managers and captains.
- Communicate directly with the Head Coach or Athletic Director regarding an annual plan of action for practice sessions, game plans, inventories, and any required reports/paperwork.
- Submit to the Athletic Director and players copies of any specific rules and regulations governing this particular sport.
- Assume responsibility for the conduct of players at all times including before, during, and after practice sessions as well as before, during, and after home games or trips/games away.
- Communicate daily with the Athletic Director regarding schedule changes, travel plans, and/or scheduled practices.
- Design a checklist for team managers with a list of specific duties to be completed for practice, home, or away games.
Colchester School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.