The JV Boys Basketball Coach will work to ensure safety, skill development, and progress of each player during the season. The coach will assist the planning, organizing, and implementation of the workouts/practices as well as monitoring and supporting of the academic development of the student/athletes. The assistant coach reports directly to the Head Coach, Athletic Director and Principal.
- Organize players for preseason and post-season meetings.
- Maintain good relations with parents, officials, volunteers and fans.
- Effectively communicate and work with students, administrators, staff, parents, and the community.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the athletic policy at Billerica Public Schools.
- Be a positive role model and motivator, exhibit qualities of leadership and organizational ability.
- Communicate with athletic trainer concerning injuries and student playing status
- Monitor and support student-athletes academic progress.
- CORI and FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
- No experience required.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.