To assist the head football coach and be in charge of the JV football team and to help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, develop an appreciation for the values of discipline, sportsmanship and increase level of self-esteem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the varsity football coach and the athletic director.
- Assists with off-season strength and conditioning program.
- Understands and maintains the standard of the Fennville athletic handbook.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishes/oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Assists with plans and schedules within regular program of practice in season.
- Assists with oversight of the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Maintains competency in rules, rule interpretations, meet procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of the sport.
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE:
- Valid teaching certificate and a degree program with a major or minor in physical education or equivalent hours and courses in coaching theory preferred.
- Experience in physical education, coaching, first aid, CPR and sports medicine.