The Head JV Boys Golf Head Coach reports directly to the Athletic Director and has the primary responsibility for administering all levels of the JV Golf program. The successful candidate will be required to follow the procedures of the high school’s athletic program, as well as those of the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA).
- Follows league policies and site procedures, and all regulations set forth in Divine Child Coaches’ handbook.
- Fosters training in conduct, ethics and sportsmanship for all participants and coaches.
- Works with a spirit of teamwork to schedule practices with other teams' needs.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the team before, during, and after events and traveling to and from events. Coach may be required to ride the bus with the team.
- Verifies that the Athletic Director clears each team member before allowing him/her to tryout or practice as it pertains to academic, behavioral or medical eligibility.
- Responsible for distribution, collection, and general upkeep of all uniforms and equipment and providing an end of the season inventory.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which the assigned sport is conducted at all times athletes are present.
- Must complete all required MSP Fingerprinting, background checks and must complete the Protecting God’s Children archdiocese workshop.
- Previous coaching experience at the high school varsity level highly preferred.
- A proven, verifiable record of positive staff, student and administrative support and relationships.
- A proven, verifiable record of placing appropriate emphasis on good sportsmanship, academic excellence, positive attitudes and character.
- A demonstrated ability to teach, enforce, advocate and model appropriate behavior, character traits and educational values to students-athletes.
- A demonstrated ability to teach, organize and supervise assistants.
- A demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role model for student athletes and a commitment to holding all students and adults associated with the program to the same standards.