Under direction of the Athletic Director, the Coach is responsible to develop and sustain a program for students to achieve a high level of skill in applicable sport fitness, and the development of an appreciations for discipline, hard work, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach individual participants in mechanics and skills necessary for achievement in competitive high school applicable sport.
- Coordinate and supervise a regular schedule of practice.
- Encourage sportsmanship and team unity and enforce all sportsmanship guidelines
- Enforce discipline of contest, school, conference and state rules and regulations
- Supervise assistant coaches and enhance the professional development (if applicable).
- Oversee the safety conditions and accountability issues involving students and facilities located both on ASD Properties and at off campus facilities.
- Maintain accurate records of uniforms, equipment, individual and team statistics, and accomplishments.
- Submit required forms and athletic documents.
- Recommend purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Experience coaching/participating in applicable sport at the high school or collegiate level. Prior coaching experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of NFHS applicable sport Rules, DIAA Rules and Regulations, Blue Hen Conference Regulations, and ASD Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of basic First Aid / Athletic Training Practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, teachers, coaches and community using the APPROVED Appoquinimink School Distric
- Communication Methods.
- Excellent organizational skills.
The Appoquinimink School District does not discriminate or retaliate in the hiring, training, assignment, promotion/transfer of employees on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, domicile, marital status, handicap, or any other characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.