To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Excellent communication skills with parents and students required.
- Applicant should have the ability to establish an environment in which athletes can gain self-esteem and develop a positive self-image.
- Applicant must establish a team that demonstrates good sportsmanship.
- Basketball and/or coaching experience preferred.
- Flexible time commitment.
- First aid and CPR knowledge preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Developing and communicating clear and specific goals for the team and individual players.
- Maintaining open and honest communication with students, parents, other coaches, and Athletic Director.
- Developing and demonstrating a good knowledge base of best practices specific to their coaching arena.
- Supporting and collaborating with coaches in other athletic programs.
- Modeling and teaching skills necessary to succeed.
- Supporting student academic expectations, responsibilities, and achievements.
- Developing the knowledge and understanding of Forest Hills Public Schools policies and procedures as it applies to athletics.
- Promoting and enforcing the student-athlete code of conduct.
- Connecting athletic experiences with life experiences.
- Providing an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration among coaches and players.
- Modeling good sportsmanship always.