To carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the head coach. To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success while at the same time helping the athlete to achieve an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Valid Connecticut coaching certification or temporary emergency coaching permit.
- Updated first aid/CPR training approved by Connecticut State Department of Education.
- Has knowledge and background in assigned sport.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the head coach in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
- Is accountable for and assists the head coach in the issuing, collection, and storage of all equipment.
- Is responsible for knowing the existing state and league regulations and at all times abides by them.
- Assist the head coach and athletic director in scheduling contests and practices.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintaining and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Assist in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events and practices and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Makes recommendations to head coach for awards.
- Recommends to the head coach budgetary items for next year in his/her area of the program.
- Assist the head coach in explaining the team’s training rules, “Code of Conduct”, as stated in the student-athlete handbook, CIAC eligibility rules, and procedures for participation in athletics to all members of the team.