The Bush School athletic program works within the rules of the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) and the Emerald Sound Conference to provide athletic opportunities and competition for students of all gender identities.
- Provide a positive, safe, healthy, challenging and supportive environment for participating students and their families.
- Identify, develop, and apply age and developmentally appropriate coaching methods.
- Develop and execute daily practice plans and routines.
- Communicate team and program related information to coaches, athletes and parents/guardians effectively and in a timely manner.
- Communicate with Athletic Department staff effectively and in timely manner.
- Attend meetings and trainings scheduled by the Athletic Director.
Successful candidates will have:
- Expert knowledge of the given sport.
- Experience in interscholastic, club and/or collegiate coaching – coaching certification preferred.
- Capacity and desire to seek out and participate in ongoing professional development.
- Ability and willingness to be a team player.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Satisfactory criminal background check that meets school standards.
Safe driving record that meets school standards